Vrbo is seeking a Cash Accountant at their headquarters in Austin, Texas. You will have direct responsibility for reconciling global e-commerce payment accounts and reconciling cash activity. As the Cash Accountant, you will drive monthly and quarterly close activities related to cash activity, analyze high volumes of transactional data, manage auditor requests, and will work closely with cross functional departments such as development, product, systems, and FP&A.
To be successful, you will be a high-energy, hands-on individual that can work independently and provide accounting process improvement expertise in support of the company’s revenue drivers and initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Research and resolve exceptions between the credit card processor, accounting system, and bank statements
- Review and reconcile bank statements and cash activity
- Manage monthly close efforts, including preparation of bank account reconciliations and ecommerce payment reconciliations
- Manage and organize large amounts of data in order to isolate and solve problems
- Coordinate and improve global cash matching processes
- Assist in the quarterly and year-end audit process, actively working with external auditors to ensure that the interpretation of accounting standards is consistent and aligned with GAAP
- Assist with SOX process and controls to ensure compliance
- Streamline systems and reporting tools to ensure efficient and accurate recording and proper classification of liabilities and expenses
Who You Are
- Bachelors in Finance or Accounting
- 2-4 years corporate and/or public accounting experience
- Prior experience with high volume transactional revenue systems and data analysis required
- Strong proficiency with Excel
- Experience with balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries
- Accurate with great organizational skills, and a willingness to dive into the details
- Proven experience being dedicated to improve and streamline processes
- Ability to interpret and research accounting guidance
- Self-motivated, deadline oriented, fast-learner, who is a dedicated, hands-on standout colleague with excellent problem-solving skills
- Execution focused, with the ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills
- Strong process and system skills, as well as working effectively across all functions to resolve problems
- Experience with eCommerce business is a plus:
- Licensed CPA or actively pursuing CPA certification a plus
- Experience with foreign currencies and intercompany transactions
- Experience in Oracle financials a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.