BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for a Compensation Analyst to join our People team. Reporting to the Global Compensation Manager, this person will have a major impact on the engagement and commitment of our employees through compensation administration.
What you’ll do:
As a Compensation Analyst, you will assist in the analysis, research, design, development, implementation, communication, and ongoing administration of a variety of compensation programs and plans to ensure our rewards offer a competitive advantage to attract and retain top talent.
- Administer all compensation processes: executive bonus program, equity incentive program and focal reviews.
- Complete compensation assessments and provide recommendations associated with new position requests, pay adjustments and promotions.
- Administer compensation benchmark systems and tools to track all compensation data.
- Prepare annual salary survey and analysis input into Radford.
- Audit equity plan records, including new grants, equity transactions, grant cancellations and expirations, and board approvals.
- Process equity transactions and communicate transaction detail to Payroll and Finance team(s).
- Assist in general equity-related communications, employee training and questions regarding the equity administration tool.
- Respond to internal data and equity statement requests.
- Manage creation and distribution of year-end equity statements and associated governmental reporting.
- Provide assistance with special projects and ad-hoc reporting, as needed.
- Audit systems data for accuracy and integrity.
- Stay current on compensation and equity administration best practices and relevant laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in equity administration and/or compensation analysis
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Advanced excel skills and strong knowledge of the Radford High-Tech survey.
- Knowledge and understanding of rewards programs and processes
- Ability to work within compressed timeframes and embrace the sense of urgency, innovation and resourcefulness required in a fast-paced company.
- Experience handling and prioritizing multiple initiatives, projects and relationships with a high sense of integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to act as an ambassador of BigCommerce and represent the company’s values
- Disciplined, detail-oriented problem solver with a desire to drive the organization's success
- Capability to apply discretion and sound judgment in managing complex processes, decisions and handling sensitive information.
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.