360training.com (Austin, TX) is a leader in online training and certification across a wide range of industries and professions. We work with 1500 e-learning partners who together have trained more than 3 million users worldwide. Our integrated strategy of technology, content and service helps organizations and professionals in a wide range of industries manage career, compliance and certification needs. We provide exciting career opportunities for self-motivated individuals who are interested in joining a growing company and utilizing cutting-edge technologies and tools to improve the outcomes for its customers and partners.
At 360training.com, we promote a culture of excellence that fosters the success of our employees, while maintaining a team-centric environment which inspires them to do their absolute best. We offer quality health plans to meet a variety of needs, life and disability benefits, a retirement savings plan with company match, and a paid time off program.
About the Role:
360training.com is looking for a passionate, dynamic and strategic Controller. This position is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of accounting system/records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and ensure that reported reports company with generally accepted accounting principles.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Design and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures all in accordance with US GAAP
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design and management of an organizational structure adequate to achieve the department’s goals and objectives.
- Ensure that accounts payable are processed and paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that payroll is processed and paid in a timely manner for all of 360training’s corporate entities
- Ensure that accounts receivables are collected timely.
- Maintain an orderly accounting system and a system of controls over accounting transactions all in accordance with US GAAP
- Issue timely and complete financial statements all in accordance with US GAAP on a monthly basis
- Lead the annual audit process for 360training’s consolidated holdings producing an unqualified audit opinion with no audit adjustments
- Ensure compliance with all foreign statutory accounting and other regulatory requirements
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Lead the ongoing and annual income tax compliance efforts for all relevant jurisdictions ensuring timely and accurate filings of all required tax returns
- Lead the ongoing sales/use tax efforts for all relevant jurisdictions ensuring timely and accurate filings of all required tax returns
- Coordinate the preparation of corporate reports
- Issue timely and accurate financial statements.
- Provide for a system of management cost reports.
- Perform various ad-hoc financial analyses and special projects as necessary
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
- Demonstrated professional success marked by frequent progression to new roles with increased duties and responsibilities
- Five years of Controller experience.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter with a “whatever it takes” attitude and an exceptionally strong work ethic that allows the candidate to thrive in a challenging work environment with little day-to-day supervision and guidance.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a pleasant and affable personality that can drive performance through persuasion.
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Unblemished reputation for integrity and the highest professional standards
- Constant sitting, standing, walking and computer use.
- Constant communication both in person and via telephone and/or computer
- A high level of manual dexterity required.