HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online. experiences together.
HomeAway has an exciting opportunity for a passionate, high energy Corporate Accountant in its Austin, Texas headquarters. HomeAway, a member of the Expedia family of brands, based in Austin, Texas, is the world’s leading online marketplace of vacation rentals, with sites representing more than 1M paid vacation rental home listings throughout 168 countries.HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
The Corporate Accountant will be an integral leader within theFinance organization, reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager in Austin.The accountant will work closely with outside business leaders,Expedia, Tax and Finance to support financial reporting, transfer pricing calculations and tax accounting journals and reconciliations.
- Prepare calculations and journal entries for both routine and complex inter-company transactions for a global business as part of the month-end close process
- Prepare inter-company account reconciliations and analyze and resolve discrepancies
- Manage reconciliations and accounting for Stay tax globally. Liaise with Expedia and HomeAway Tax departments regarding collection and remittance of city and state Stay taxes.
- Help develop reporting for reconciliation and adjustment purposes
- Collaborate closely with other teams, including Tax, TransferPricing and FP&A
- Assist with the preparation of financial reporting by compiling and analyzing financial statement information
- Support month-end consolidation responsibilities, particularly for foreign subsidiaries
- Preparation of various surveys and regulatory filing submissions for various federal agencies/departments
- Support quarterly/annual audits by Internal Auditors, as well as, Independent External Auditors
- Assist in special projects, initiatives and ad-hoc report and analysis requests
- Assist with tax and audit requests
- Sound understanding of US GAAP and general ledger/ month-endprocesses
- Previous experience with inter company and transfer pricing transactions preferred
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley
- Strong communication skills and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 2-3 years accounting experience
- CPA or working towards certification
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Parental Leave (up to 20 weeks based on eligibility)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages, including breakfast on Fridays
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress