Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
DIRECTOR OF FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS – HOME OFFICE – AUSTIN, TX
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
Kendra Scott is seeking an experienced business leader who will direct the efforts of the FP&A team to provide business executives and leadership teams with the robust planning and reporting analytics required to run the business in both short and long-term horizons. Our ideal candidate will be an innovative, positive, self-directed team player who is passionate about “figuring out” solutions to problems or methodology for improved deliverables.
Lead the financial planning and analysis function, partnering with KS leadership team, channel and department heads to develop short-term forecasts, long-term strategic plans, annual budgets and operational analysis and reporting.
Synchronize operating and financial strategy, manage to budget, and lead forecasting and strategic planning processes. Advise business leadership of opportunities and risks impacting business performance.
Develop and maintain a consolidated planning model within a SaaS planning tool, that incorporates multiple points of view and dynamic elements.
Promote continuous improvement of the FP&A organization to reduce finance business process cycle times, improve forecast quality, and enhance information provided to
leadership to make business decisions.
Provide support to month-end and quarter-end closing and external reporting processes, including executive level monthly and quarterly performance packages to be utilized by management teams and the Board of Directors. Provide ad-hoc financial analysis to support key business decisions.
Partner with channel and department heads to develop business specific dashboards to track the business and inform strategy.
Direct future development of and manage financial planning systems and financial reporting applications.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Passion for the brand and its core values: Family, Fashion, Philanthropy
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance with 10+ years of progressive finance experience in high-growth environments; prior FP&A experience at the manager or director level
• Strong team building and ability to partner across the organization at all levels
• Prior FP&A experience within retail sector including traditional brick and mortar, wholesale and e-commerce channels. Experience with financial aspects of direct to consumer models including segmentation, acquisition and retention (LTV), and conversion reporting and analytics.
• Experience with a PE investor set, including exposure with investor / board level
• Highly metrics-driven with strong analytical abilities