The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team at Amherst Residential will report to the Manager of FP&A and support the company’s growth with budgeting, forecasting, analyzing and reporting financial and operating metrics both internally and to our partners. The FP&A team works cross-functionally with other teams within the organization to consolidate financial information and develop analyses and projections.
We are looking for a self-motivated financial analyst to help the team improve both the existing FP&A processes and assist in the design of new ones. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Excel financial modeling and reporting, be highly analytical and have a strong systems acumen. This is a demanding role that requires delivering financial models and analyses in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify modeling techniques & tools to support FP&A processes, including the testing and implementation of various solutions
- Lead and/or participate in process improvement initiatives, document and transition final product to team members and CFO
- Work closely with Accounting, Asset Management, Capital Market and Operations to produce monthly and ad-hoc reports
- Help facilitate and support the budgeting and forecasting process for investment funds and all internal business units/subsidiaries
- Prepare financial PowerPoint presentations for Board meetings and monthly Financial Reviews
- Partner with team to analyze and update system reports, maintaining a high level of data accuracy and integrity and trouble-shoot errors
- Assist and provide analysis on forecast accuracy (e.g. actuals vs. forecast), proactively identifying & communicating opportunities for improvement
- Other duties assigned to ensure proper functions of operations of the team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in banking/investment management/financial analysis/reporting
- Ability to learn and become proficient in the existing and new FP&A systems and make suggestions to streamline reporting activities by utilizing the systems available
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience in Adaptive Insights a plus
- Planning/Forecasting experience is a plus, preferably experience in a dynamic, scenario driven rolling forecast environment with a strong focus on accuracy
- Positive attitude, ability to work well and fast under pressure and tight timelines
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt in an ever-changing business environment
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 11 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, flex spending account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Read Full Job Description