Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world's leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 90,000 customers in 140 countries. We're proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. In fact, we were ranked #8 in Best Workplaces in Technology 2019 by Great Places to Work. Fortune magazine has also ranked WP Engine as a Best Place to Work for Millennials in the Small/Medium Business category for the past two years. 99 percent of employees believe you're made to feel welcome at WP Engine.
What's Cool About this Role
The Finance team is responsible for improving strategic and financial decision-making across the company. We maintain the company's operating model, strategic plans and capital allocation decisions, and think a lot about strategy. Business partners ask for our insight and trust us to help them solve difficult problems. At WP Engine we believe that good ideas can come from anywhere, and we'll trust you to collaborate with others, form intelligent opinions, and present your thoughts to decision-makers and the executive team.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing financial analysis, forecasting, reporting, and operational support activities. This position will exercise a high level of accountability, flexibility, teamwork, good judgment and attention to detail.
The Day to Day
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting to a variety of teams
- Track and monitor expenses incurred related to various business functions
- Produce monthly and quarterly variance analysis and commentary to management
- Craft strong business partner relationships to drive financial results and understanding throughout the organization
- Perform financial and operational analysis to enhance business objectives
- Provide business improvement in execution and documentation to boost operational efficiency and reinforce financial compliance
- Bring creativity and critical thinking, which encourages innovation and propels team beyond the status quo
- Perform ad hoc tasks as needed
Your Expertise and Passion
- 2-3 years of financial analyst experience preferably within a high growth environment
- Experience conducting financial analysis
- Experience working with databases and large data sets preferred
- Proficient with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Adaptive Planning or experience with using other financial planning tools e.g. Oracle, SAP, Host Analytics etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields
- A passion for solving complex business problems with insightful analysis and data storytelling
The Perks and Benefits
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.