Financial Edge NXT Consultant
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the Role:
The Financial Edge NXT Consultant works closely with the portfolio and technical teams, is a major contributor to the requirements specification deliverable, and writes the business and functional requirements. This person understands the I&A business and ensures that there is integration between business and technology. The Financial Edge NXT Consultant understands configuration and/or business workflow processes, analyzes the requirements, and utilizes with problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues.
- May perform feasibility analysis, scope projects, and work with the project management team to prioritizes deliverables, and identify product requirements and dependencies.
- Creates detailed Business Requirement Document (BRD) or Business Process documentation (as applicable) and translates it into functional specifications.
- Provides analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation.
- Partners with development and analytic teams to provide reporting on software solutions.
- Participates in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
- Configures the software solution to meet the customer’s business process requirements as defined in the BRD or Business Process documentation.
- Sets appropriate expectations with the customer as it relates to project scope, timeline, and budget.
- Identifies and presents Change Orders to the customer when the customer’s requirements and/or budgeted project hours fall outside of the project scope.
Specific responsibilities will be:
- Defines the information that must be gathered for problem solving.
- Looks beyond obvious solutions, and attempts to identify underlying or hidden problems or trends.
- Seeks to identify and offer solutions to problems that affect other groups.
- Asks critical, insightful questions, and probes for information that facilitates problem solving.
- Evaluates the risks, benefits, and opportunities of various solutions.
- Understands customers, proactively gathering information to learn about their needs and expectations.
- Responsive to information that identifies a customer opportunity or change in customer needs.
- Helps to identify issues of scalability and interaction when evaluating existing systems or developing new ones.
- Demonstrates commitment to ongoing improvement, achieves success by collaborating on cross-functional changes that impact others, and a commitment to data based decisions.
- Designs, manages, controls, refines, and simplifies standard systems and processes, and consults with a Sr Implementation analyst when they involve major functions or business units
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to find information or solutions needed for assignments and/or projects.
- Challenges self and others to push the status-quo.
- Demonstrates willingness to think outside the given parameters to see if there is a better, more effective way
- Attempts through analysis to generate new, innovative ideas that optimize service delivery
- Communicates ideas and information in a form well matched to and well received by the audience.
- Helps provide support and cross training, as needed, for Associates
- Manages customer expectations throughout implementation process
- Seeks opportunities to expand knowledge of other Blackbaud solutions
- 4+ years of experience in field
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to manage time and tasks efficiently
- Basic problem solving and conflict resolution
- Positive attitude centered on achieving high client satisfaction, both internal and external
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge product is nice to have
- Accounting knowledge is preferred but not required
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.