The LifePlan Financial Planner will work among a team of planners to provide personalized financial planning and advice sessions to members of LegalZoom’s growing employee benefit offering, LifePlan. LifePlan is a financial and legal wellness offering where members are actively coached to utilize the right combination of Legal, Insurance, Financial and Tax advisory services to address any emergent needs or life event related advanced planning.
The Financial Planner is responsible for delivering financial advice and planning sessions and will work closely with the legal, insurance and tax advisors to ensure an integrated and holistic LifePlan member experience. You will engage members in a highly consultative service experience designed to inform and delight. You will be required to collaborate with different facets of LegalZoom and/or our partner network to satisfactorily resolve member cases, uphold, and continuously improve LifePlan standards of service.
Our ideal candidate thrives on being a trusted advisor, is passionate about helping others, has a humble and entrepreneurial spirit, and believes strongly in providing exceptional client service.
What you’ll do:
- Provide personal financial planning consulting, debt and credit services to LifePlan members
- Maintain practice knowledgebase and flows with topics to include budget creation and management, credit counseling, credit card debt management, student loan management, debt consolidation, savings strategies, life stage planning (college, retirement, child birth, etc.).
- Connect LifePlan members with appropriate resources and professionals, leveraging LifePlan’s existing network of tax, insurance and legal experts.
- Proactively reach out to and follow-up with LifePlan members to increase engagement and improve member experience.
- Model, coach, and educate extended team members on conversational competency in credit counseling and debt management solutions.
- Leverage LifePlan related collateral, information articles and similar to send to members who could benefit from more detailed information. Identify the need for additional collateral and work with Marketing/Content Management to drive their development.
- Create and deliver financial plans using a financial planning software.
- Interface with LifePlan Sales Team on client-facing proposals and educational opportunities.
- Deliver educational financial topic presentations to members (in person, virtual, webinar).
- Continuously identify process improvement opportunities along with business solutions.
- Understanding of general estate planning, transactional legal concepts, tax planning, financial planning and/or insurance
- Ability to present and educate others with diverse backgrounds and varying levels of proficiency in investment, finance, insurance, and tax planning concepts
- Experience with a financial planning software such as Emoney, MoneyGuidePro, Right Capital or something similar
- Specialized experience in credit and debt management services
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Members, attorneys/admins, accountants, insurance advisors, and financial advisors in a highly professional and positive manner
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies that may be put in place to service LifePlan Members
- Hands on team player who will do what it takes to make the entire LifePlan team successful.
- Minimum 3-5 years of client-facing credit, debt or financial planning experienceBA/BS and Financial Planning experience at a credited financial or debt institution is required. Series 65, 7 or CFP designation preferred.
- BA/BS and Financial Planning experience at a credited financial or debt institution is required. Series 65, 7 or CFP designation preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish languages preferred
- Some domestic travel required (approximately 20%)
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.