Financial Reporting Manager - Amherst Residential
Amherst Holdings is a leading real estate investment and advisory firm that has made a significant investment into the single-family rental sector. The Amherst Single Family Equity Division or Amherst Residential (AmRes) has raised more than $6b of capital in various ownership vehicles that currently own and operate ~22,000 homes in 23 different markets across the United States.
Amherst Residential is seeking a self-motivated, autonomous, intellectual curious accounting professional to join the Accounting and Finance team as the Financial Reporting Manager. This position will have primary responsibility for the consolidation of AmRes GAAP financials, issuing year-end audited financial statements, generating internal management reports, and ensuring our BI reporting tools are in-sync with the results. The qualified candidate will also work closely with external auditors to manage the reporting and audit requirements to ensure timely completion. The position reports to the Senior Vice President Controller. Candidates should have strong business acumen, excellent communication and presentation skills, and the ability to work in an environment of change.
- Lead the preparation of consolidated external financial statements including full responsibility for completing the annual audited financial statements in coordination with the external audit firm.
- Manage/review/assist team in preparation of consolidation, journal entries and supporting schedules for GAAP quarterly and annual closes.
- Prepare the monthly internal management report for distribution to executive management and external monthly reporting package for investors and lenders.
- Prepare quarterly partner/investor statements.
- Oversee the Company’s accounting function in Backstop.
- Oversee the Company’s accounting function in Adaptive.
- Work closely with FPA group to analyze and explain financial actual results to forecast and budget.
- Assume ownership of financial report structures for multiple entities and updating / changing where necessary (i.e. change in presentation, adding new accounts), and basic review and tie-out of system-generated statements.
- Perform ad hoc research and analysis on any non-recurring transactions or technical accounting matters to determine appropriate accounting treatment and related financial statement disclosures.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned by the SVP Controller and/or CFO.
Education, Work Experience & Skills and Abilities:
- BA or higher degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA license required
- Minimum 4 years of Big 4 or Public Audit/Accounting experience required
- Minimum 2 years of public company or SEC registrant in a financial reporting function experience required
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP and related Standards
- Yardi, Backstop, Adaptive experience preferred, not required
- High level of integrity and dependability
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to manage large volumes of transactions and data.
- High level of Excel and spreadsheet skills
- Strong initiative with excellent organization skills
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 11 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, flex spending account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!