Real Estate Acquisitions Associate – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The Acquisitions team is looking for a seasoned sales professional with 5+ years of experience in finance or real estate sales management to join its expanding group. You will work alongside the group’s manager, assisting in a variety of functions with the goal of increasing single family rental acquisitions while supporting our brand. Our group is responsible for monitoring transactions deemed a priority by our Underwriting Analysts. Our job is to handhold these properties from initial bid to closing, ensuring the highest level of negotiation and service on behalf of our clients.
This is a new department within Acquisitions so you will need to bring an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work well in a team environment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in real estate sales or related customer service environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Hold a current real estate license in any state is helpful but not required
- Ability to collaborate and network to build lasting relationships with a variety of contacts
- Knowledge of terms and principles associated with real estate investment process and associated markets
- Proficient in MS Office suite with emphasis on Excel
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills
- The ability to interact well with senior management
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers
- Proven track record of success in a fast paced environment
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.