Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The Amherst Single Family Residential Division is seeking a self-motivated, driven, intellectual curious accounting or finance professional to join the Accounting and Finance team as Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant supports the accounting and finance teams in various areas focused around the daily processing of property related, banking and investor related tasks.
- Oversees the accounting and reporting for a portfolio of Single-Family properties.
- Investigates, verifies and reconciles general ledger accounts on assigned property trial balances with sub-ledgers and/or appropriate support schedules.
- Review property management agreements, addendum's and modifications to determine proper accounting.
- Advises, assists and reviews GL transactions that impact revenue accounting and provide direction and support on pertinent accounting matters.
- Owns various Accounting month-end close processes to comply with the Company’s reporting standards and deadlines.
- Perform and oversee complex accounting calculations, create supporting schedules, and prepare journal entries for management review.
- Critically analyzes data, performs research, and resolve issues effectively and communicate actions as required.
- Work with accounting team to performing variance analysis, reporting, and investigate period over period differences for management review.
- Assists in the preparation of supporting schedules for the Company’s annual audits, as well as regular external tax and governmental filings.
- Reviews current accounting policies and procedures to ensure current methods conform to Company standards. Take appropriate action by participating in documenting current methods into policies and procedures when necessary.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced Accounting staff members.
- Reviews and approves transactions prepared by other Accounting staff members including staff accountants.
- Collaborates with a fast-paced team where independent thought and work-product is required.
- Follows all organizational systems, programs, training, policies, and procedures as required and complies with relevant legal mandates. Seeks guidance as required.
- Handles various special projects as delegated by Management.
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
What you’ll need to have
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA or equivalent certification a plus.
- 3 - 6 years accounting experience, at least 2 years of Big 4 experience in assurance role.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products, advanced excel skills strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Yardi preferred.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and thorough understanding of GAAP in the area of revenue accounting.
- Experience in real estate, preferably in a partnership or fund preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency
- Highly motivated with the ability to multitask, work independently, and meet deadlines while maintaining a high standard of accuracy.
Amherst Holdings LLC is a privately held corporation and is located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a beautifully renovated modern work space with the latest technologies.