Senior Associate of Finance — Portfolio Management
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The Portfolio Management team interacts directly with investors to provide feedback on both portfolio performance and individual assets. They thoroughly understand nuanced investor strategies and drive / monitor progress within the Company towards realizing investor goals.
- Monitors daily fund performance for 3rd party investors
- Liaison between investors and balance of the Asset Management group
- Oversees revenue, expense and FP&A goals, progress, performance
- Coordinates with other parts of the organization for ad hoc investor requests
- Presents monthly and quarterly to management on portfolio progression (actual vs estimates)
- Understands economic impact of revenue and expense functions
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Communication! Strong ability to interact professionally with institutional investors and other parts of the organization
- Self-motivated - Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and proactively manage management’s expectations
- Detail oriented
- 4-7 years of experience in finance or accounting
- Knowledge of real estate preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!