Senior Associate, Operations
The Senior Associate, Operations is a key member of the Endeavor Fund's Operations team and will work closely with portfolio companies to augment their Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) practice and General and Administrative (G&A) functions.
The Senior Associate will work directly with leaders of all functional teams within the portfolio companies to assist in reporting, forecasting and analyzing financial and operational results. This includes leading the annual budgeting process, as well as supporting the recruiting and onboarding of full-time G&A teams inside companies, with heightened involvement in the first quarter post-investment.
Successful candidates will have experience in accounting or FP&A focused roles and will have strong influencing and leadership skills to ensure effective change management and rapport building.
- Work closely with management teams to establish post-close financial processes and reporting.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, expenses, and operations.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
- Develop, maintain and improve budgeting and financial modeling tools.
- Develop reporting as requested by the management team, the Board or functional team leads.
- Support the recruiting and training of full-time team members within each company; effectively managing the hand-off for ongoing reporting and analysis.
- Interact and comfortably work with the senior leadership team.
- Develop and support portfolio management analysis and tracking within Endeavor.
- Clearly and effectively present, in person or in writing, results.
- BA/BS in Accounting and/or Finance preferred
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 7+ years of experience in public accounting, FP&A functions or related business environment
- Experience in a fast-paced, growing, ever changing environment, preferably with a software company
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, such as GAAP and accrual-based accounting
- Superior strategic thinking and financial analysis skills, well-developed problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Must have strong spreadsheet (MS Excel) and database skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks under deadlines
- Must bring a process improvement/work simplification mindset to the role
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Must be willing to travel regularly and spend time primarily onsite at portfolio companies
About Vista Equity Partners
Vista Equity Partners is a U.S.-based investment firm with offices in Austin, Chicago, New York City, Oakland, and San Francisco with more than $46 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Vista exclusively invests in software, data, and technology-enabled organizations led by world-class management teams. As a value-added investor with a long-term perspective, Vista contributes professional expertise and multi-level support towards companies to realize their full potential. Vista's investment approach is anchored by a sizable long-term capital base, experience in structuring technology-oriented transactions, and proven management techniques that yield flexibility and opportunity.