Amherst is a data, analytic and research focused financial services holding company with expertise in the real estate, mortgage and related structured finance markets. Amherst, combined with its subsidiaries and affiliates, has more than 850 employees and more than $3.6 billion in assets under management, and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight.
Amherst is seeking a self-motivated, independent, intellectually curious accounting or auditing professional to join the newly formed Internal Audit team as a Senior Auditor. In this highly visible and dynamic position, you will be reporting to the Head of Internal Audit and be responsible for identifying enhancements to internal control activities, mitigating risks and improving operational efficiencies with process improvement recommendations.
You will be executing risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as leading and participating in other special audit projects and consulting activities. Your strong knowledge of internal controls, enterprise risks and business processes will have a direct impact on both the strengthening of internal controls and in risk management within Amherst.
- Execute Internal Audit projects as components of the Internal Audit Plan, special management requests, advisory work, process improvement consulting and various follow-up activities;
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in development and execution of an annual risk assessment and internal audit plan;
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit with design and implementation of the Internal Audit Methodology, including development of supporting policies, procedures, reporting templates and other infrastructure related items;
- Perform planning, fieldwork and reporting on executed audit projects;
- Develop planning memos, risk and control matrices and audit programs for each audit project; and
- Create Internal Audit reporting for the Audit Committee and executive management;
Education, Work Experience & Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors or Masters in finance or accounting (Masters in accounting preferred);
- CPA or CIA license preferred (or working towards a certification);
- 2 – 5 years of experience in Public Accounting and/or an internal auditing function within Financial Services, Private Equity or Real Estate Investment firms preferred;
- Familiarity with the International Institute of Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), i.e., the guiding standards from the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) for professional practice of internal auditing;
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to perform data analysis, identify outliers and communicate results;
- Proven track record for driving/identifying process improvements and operational efficiencies
- Strong initiative with excellent organization skills and project management skills
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to focus on both an enterprise wide and detailed process levels.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and comfortable presenting to all levels of individuals or groups of stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgement; and
- Strong Microsoft Suite skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
Amherst is located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 11 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events