Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for Enterprise IT.
We are a company of fun-loving, hard-working achievers. We love going to work and think you should too. We hold our company culture near and dear — we are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
Our Austin team works in two offices in downtown Austin. Both enjoy panoramic city views and an open floor plan with breakout rooms that encourage collaboration and innovation. When you join LogicMonitor, you will be working alongside some of the brightest minds in one of the fastest growing global software firms. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion. This is your chance to join us on our journey as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
What You'll Do:
As a crucial member of the FP&A team at LogicMonitor, you are called upon to build complex analyses that will serve as the foundations for the LM team to make key strategic decisions. You will refine and master an ability to take vague business issues and abstract ideas into concrete, refined, and clear analyses. With a methodical, critically thinking, and numbers oriented mind - you'll be viewed as a key liaison with the functional teams.
You'll resolve issues related to forecasting, planning, resource prioritization and business performance, and you help translate analyses into easy-to-consume KPIs and presentations. You'll help operations & business partners understand the key drivers in complex situation and drive thoughtful and share-holder oriented decision making. You will evolve your universal financial skills & acumen to extract and analyze data to create regular and ad hoc reporting and actionable insights. Beyond rolling up the data accurately, you will look to validate the numbers by understanding the “story” behind them, performing variance analysis as well as developing and continuously refining insightful dashboards.
- Be the face of finance and provide critical thought leadership to key stakeholders to the Operations & Customer Experience organizations.
- You will work closely with department heads with exposure to the COO and other Senior Leadership roles. Your strong ability to cultivate relationships along with a sharp analytical and modeling mindset will be paramount in key decision making and driving the business forward, both at a tactical and strategic level.
- Support quarterly forecast and Annual Operating Plan processes, which includes working closely with business partners to build highly detailed operating models and plans
- Define and manage real-time tracking of KPIs to ensure resources are efficiently allocated and aligned in support of annual operating plan and long term value creation thesis
- Gain an intimate knowledge of LogicMonitor’s business systems stack to support long term scale of the FP&A function, including becoming a subject matter expert at LM’s Adaptive Insights and Looker platforms to support efficient forecasting, reporting, and dashboard generation
- Prepare and maintain various complex financial models (i.e. What-if analysis) to support strategic initiative decision-making
- Support FP&A leadership with both routing and ad hoc strategic and tactical priorities, including investor reporting, month end close, and other business guiding analysis
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in investment banking, equity research, consulting firm, and/or high growth enterprise SaaS software
- 3+ years of experience in an Analyst role in central corporate finance planning group and/or SaaS metrics reporting role strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with meaningful coursework in Accounting, Math, Statistics, Finance, Business, or Economics required
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to think creatively and independently
- Ability to abstract complex ideas into concrete action times
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity a must