Senior Financial Analyst - Marketing
Are you passionate about travel? Do you want to be in a high pace, high energy workplace bent on revolutionizing the industry?
HomeAway, an Expedia Group brand is hiring for a Senior Financial Analyst - Marketing. This team is a part of the worldwide Finance organization, and the role reports to the Senior Director, Marketing Finance based in Austin. The Marketing Finance organization partners with the HomeAway Marketing and Retail organizations to maximize long-term and short-term ROAS (return on advertising spend). Marketing Finance is also responsible for developing reporting, analytical, and forecast capabilities to ensure proper resource allocation strategies and related business decisions that are in-line with company goals and objectives.
This role is charged with being a trusted business partner to the Marketing organization, and in particular the Integrated/Brand Marketing functions. You will provide financial support for all areas of Integrated/Brand Marketing, working with other Finance and Accounting groups, and periodic liaising with the executive leadership team. This includes influencing and driving investment decisions through robust analysis, forecasting, and reporting, with a specific focus on understanding, formulating, and calculating the return on investment for Integrated/Brand spend (including TV).
What you’ll do:
- Integrated and Brand return on investment, includes TV - Build return profile analysis, reporting, and forecast models and tools from ‘scratch’
- Ad-hoc Financial modelling, analytics, and business case creation and evaluation
- Robust and deep financial planning, analysis, budgeting/forecasting, reporting –volume and spend
- Partner closely with Marketing, Finance, Business Analytics, and Data Science leaders, their teams, functional leaders, and business teams to ensure proper measurement, alignment and adherence to goals, and completion of key deliverables
- Utilize existing data warehouse(s) and influence future data marts including design, organization, and structure
- Proactively identify risk and opportunities and areas for marketing spend investment, constraint, or reallocation across the portfolio of regions, brands, and marketing channels (Brand advertising spend, in particular)
- Lead and influence other cross functional and Marketing team members
Who you are:
- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, or Business, with 8+ years of progressive, related experience
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Advanced modeling, reporting and forecasting skills with solid experience using Hyperion, Oracle, and Excel
- Experience dealing with abstract data and creating return profiles without significant historical data – includes statistical modeling/forecasting. Machine learning and SQL knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with Brand Marketing (TV, Radio, Digital), CRM programs, and customer segmentation targeted marketing
- Proven experience analyzing large volumes of data-with an ability to synthesize it into trends, actionable recommendations, and executive level presentations
- A curious individual who is comfortable with and has a demonstrated ability to thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Ability to professionally collaborate with and influence Marketing staff/teams, including Marketing leadership (SVP)
- Ability to operate independently and to lead projects with limited oversight
- Sound judgement with the ability to influence and make both collaborative and independent decisions
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive base salary and uncapped commission potential
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.