Sr. Accountant - AP
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
The Senior Accountant is a member of the Finance team and reports to the Accounts Payable Manager. This role’s primary responsibilities are supporting the accounts payable function by processing assigned department invoices in accordance to company policies and GAAP, as well as administering the company’s purchasing card (p-card) program.
• Process a high volume of invoices daily including reviewing invoice details for complete information, assigning appropriate GL coding, and obtaining approval for payment from department leaders
• Prepare and perform check runs on a bi-weekly basis
• Review contracts for relevant financial information
• Follow up and resolve any invoice, payment, or contract discrepancies in a timely manner
• Research and resolve payment inquiries from vendors and department managers
• Organize and maintain electronic and physical accounts payable files
• Work with cross-functional teams on daily basis
• Assist month-end accounting close process including balance sheet rollforwards and allocation journal entries.
• Reconcile assigned vendor accounts monthly
• Prepare routine and non-routine journal entries
• Support AP Manager in developing, implementing, and enforcing policies and procedures
• Support AP Manager in adhoc requests
Employee Purchasing Cards
• Collaborate with Procurement team to develop and implement employee purchasing card program and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
• Perform card administrative duties such as new card activations, cancellations, password resets, etc.
• Prepare monthly journal entries to record program spend and ensure accurate record keeping by account and department
• Prepare monthly reporting metrics for management and collaborate with Procurement team to identify areas for opportunity
• Evaluates program effectiveness and provide ongoing feedback for improvements
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
• 4 Year College degree is required: B.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
• Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and follow up are critical
• 3+ years of accounts payable experience is required
• High level of experience using Excel and other tools to analyze data
• Experience posting journal entries