Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable is seeking a Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist to own Vendor Management and all Accounts Payable Processes for the company.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 450,000 users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand nationwide.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE FINANCE TEAM
The Finance team is a data-driven, results oriented group that supports Aceable in monitoring and analyzing data for strategic decision-making. We take great pride in being a key partner to leaders across the organization as decisions about the business are considered. The Finance team consists of the Accounting, FP&A, M&A execution and integration, as well as Legal functions. Aceable recently completed a $47 million Series B which will fuel an impressive growth and EBITDA profile. Aceable is well-positioned to grow organically and through acquisition in which the Finance team will play a critical part.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee and own all accounts payable processes for the company, including the corporate credit card programs, proper coding of expenses by department and GL, maintaining new and existing vendors, and employee expense policies and reports
- Ensure controls are in place and all related documentation is properly maintained
- Analyze vendor invoices for accuracy and eligibility for payment per company policies
- Process all vendor payments timely in accordance with their required due dates
- Process, review, and approve all employee expense reports in agreement with the company policy and accounting requirements
- Requisition and update documents, files, and data in relation to yearly 1099’s and their issuance
- Complete month-end account reconciliations and assist with month-end close processes
- Assist VP of Finance in periodic special projects in relation to cash projections, variance analysis, and/or incorporating new accounting compliance controls and processes
- Support the annual audit and other Accounting functions, as needed
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of relevant accounts payable experience
- 2+ years using both QuickBooks Online and NetSuite, strongly preferred
- Strong experience in Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Adherence to tight deadlines and quick turnaround for accounting deliverables
- Customer service mindset towards vendors and employees
- Ability to work collaboratively and work in a dynamic, fast paced environment where adaptability is imperative
- Previous experience using Bill.com and Expensify
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.
Read Full Job Description