Sr. Manager of FP&A
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable is seeking a Sr. Manager of FP&A to lead the tracking, analysis and execution of strategic financial efforts across the company.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 450,000 users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand nationwide.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE FINANCE TEAM
The Finance team is a data-driven, results oriented group that supports Aceable in monitoring and analyzing data for strategic decision-making. We take great pride in being a key partner to leaders across the organization as decisions about the business are considered. The Finance team consists of the Accounting, FP&A, M&A execution and integration, as well as Legal functions. Aceable recently completed a $47 million Series B which will fuel an impressive growth and EBITDA profile. Moving forward, Aceable will be well-positioned to grow organically and through acquisition in which the Finance team will play a critical part.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create effective dashboards and conduct ongoing analysis to ensure effective management and optimization of core elements of the business
- Analyze financial data to predict future results and assist company with future planning
- Utilize financial data to identify opportunities for process and policy improvements
- Provide recommendations towards improved financial performance
- Drive relevant change models and partner with other members of the finance team to review and forecast financial information
- Responsible for partnering with department heads on data analysis and improvement plans as well as serving as a key stakeholder to the CEO, CFO, and CRO in helping grow the business
- Work with department heads to identify key business drivers and implement comprehensive forecasts and models
- Conduct research to identify trends, variances, industry norms, and ROI potential
- Prepare presentation materials for internal meetings, board members, lenders, and other stakeholders
- Assist in other strategic special projects across the business as needed/desired including, but not limited to, future acquisitions
- Domestic travel required less than 5% of the time
- Will supervise 1-3 Financial Analysts
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s in Economics, Finance, Business or similar field
- 3+ years of experience as an Investment Banker, Financial Analyst, Private Equity Analyst or similar profession
- 3+ years of experience with producing investor presentations
- 3+ years of experience manipulating large datasets to analyze a business’ financial status, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing a solution to completion to maximize shareholder ROI
- 3+ years of experience analyzing industry trends, including identifying market size, share and opportunity
- 3+ years of experience with debt lender financial covenants and setting budgets and forecast against these covenants
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.
Read Full Job Description