Sr. Tax Manager - Global Indirect Tax
Who you are
- A passion for travel and ecommerce technology platforms.
- 10+ years of experience including public accounting or law firm experience. Industry experience in the technology or travel sector is preferred.
- Global indirect tax experience preferred.
- Experience with implementing automated global indirect tax business processes and controls would be very desirable.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and quickly adapt to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to distill complex global indirect tax technical issues into simple concepts that business partners can understand and help operationalize.
- A proven track record of collaborating and delivering results working as part of a cross functional team both in the local office and with the global organization.
What you’ll do
- Partnering and providing indirect tax advice and operational implications and working cross functionally with finance, treasury, legal teams, and external advisers on significant business and global indirect tax impacts that are relevant to and important to Expedia Group with a specific emphasis on the HomeAway/Vrbo vacation rental supply.
- Research and model impacts of important global indirect tax legislative and policy proposals. Assist in implementing appropriate strategies and solutions in response to new digital economy tax rules and new legislation related to indirect tax on platforms as it relates to the alternative accommodations industry.
- Assist in implementation of automated and scalable processes and systems to both support Expedia Group’s rapid international growth economy around the world and to allow the business to react quickly to new and evolving legislation and policy proposal.
- Research and document technical tax positions relating to Expedia’s global lodging supply operations and identify and implement required process, compliance changes and improvements.
- Review intercompany and third-party contracts and make recommendations on tax clauses to agreements
- Research and document international indirect taxes impacting Expedia’s global lodging portfolio such as local lodging and tourism taxes, stamp taxes and transfer taxes.
Why join us?
- Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
- Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
- If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
- Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
- Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.