Supervisor, Accounts Receivable
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
The Accounts Receivable Supervisor supports the company's credit and collections related objectives through analysis of policies, strategies, procedures and tactics and development of recommendations.
This position will be responsible for credit management and collections. The ideal candidate will have excellent credit/collection skills and be an integral support link to the accounting & sales teams. The ability to properly prioritize work flow and thrive in a busy and dynamic work environment is a must. This position is to engage, manage and work to improve the activities of the credit department; determine what new customer accounts will be established by reviewing and researching credit payment history; evaluate, provide analysis, conclusion, and recommendations to determine credit line amounts and communicate this information to customers and other related team members of the company. This individual will review and adjust credit lines on a regular basis or upon request for existing accounts. Additionally, the individual will revoke lines of credit upon receipt of relevant information pertinent to the financial strength of the account and enforce the company’s credit policy. In this role, this individual will be engaged in conducting credit investigations, collecting delinquent accounts, and will communicate all credit related issues to senior management.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Credit and Collections department including the management of the Accounts Receivable Specialists
- Ensure cash forecast targets are met
- Manage customers on credit hold and recommend customers to be placed on credit hold
- Performs analysis of collection practices and policies and develops recommendations
- Actively participate in monthly and quarterly close activities including the completion of AR related Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Work with teams on process improvement initiatives
- Participates in policy and strategy development
- Participates on projects requiring credit collections input
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Analyze delinquent accounts and prepare reports on highest risk accounts including recommendations for resolution
- Weekly and monthly reporting to management
- Manage Withholding Tax process including all relevant postings and the collection of WHT certificates
- Negotiate payment programs with delinquent customers
- Check for credit viability on requests for extended terms, and evaluate various adjustments or exception documents
- Maintains and keeps organized and accessible all company credit collection documentation
- Maintain and develop internal controls / SOX compliance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
Must be a US Citizen.
- 5+ years of direct corporate collections experience
- Knowledge of billings and collections procedures
- Supervisory experience with the ability to lead and develop staff
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Must have excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience working with ERP Systems
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of financial analysis, including ability to review corporate financials, knowledge of credit review, Dunn & Bradstreet reports, establishing credit limits, risk assessment
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field a plus