ScaleFactor is working to pioneer big change in our industry, and we need people that enjoy venturing into uncharted territory and blazing a trail with innovative solutions. Currently, we are seeking an exceptional Tax Accountant who is looking for the next chapter in his / her career.
JOB TITLE: TAX ACCOUNTANT
You possess the entrepreneurial drive & spirit to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment. You possess the accounting knowledge, administrative skills, and project management capabilities to be a proven value-add to our customer-focused practice. As the newest member of our accounting team, you will work alongside our tax team in managing the consulting, compliance, and other tax projects at ScaleFactor. You will be the main ScaleFactor contact for many tax matters and will be responsible for several ongoing projects at one time. Additionally, the position allows for the opportunity to directly impact other areas of ScaleFactor, both now and in the future.
- Problem-solving and proactive decision-making
- Ability to successfully handle multiple customers’ work concurrently
- Basic understanding of the Tax Code and tax concepts for Partnerships, Corporations, and Individuals, along with the ability to communicate these to customers and other members of the team
- Adaptability and resourcefulness to drive results
- Highly self-motivated and versatile
- Understanding of financial accounting Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and ability to analyze a company’s books and records, as well as financial reporting
- Technology savvy, can-do attitude and approach
The ideal candidate is comfortable having responsibilities which will include:
- Completing customer Federal and State income tax returns, tax consulting projects, research projects, and assisting with other tax compliance issues
- Compiling and requesting all information required for the tax compliance process
- Communicating with client and account manager regarding transaction details and certain tax issues
- Assessing customer’s current practices and offering insight into changes to meet compliance requirements and/or reduce tax obligations
- Completing financial analysis of business operations, customer financial records, and providing support in order to determine book-to-tax changes required for tax purposes
- Assist in operational accounting projects, general consulting, as well as other advisory projects (e.g. M&A transactions)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Masters in Accounting – Tax Focus preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with customer-facing work experience; Public Accounting preferred
- 1-3 years of public accounting and/or industry experience
- Experience with a wide variety of tax return filings including Corporations, Partnerships, S-corporations, and Individuals; Non-profit and International compliance experience is a plus!
- Come work at one of Austin’s Best Places to Work in 2017 & 2018 - Enjoy amazing culture, dynamic office, and work alongside the best and brightest in the industry
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Unlimited vacation, flexible hours & optional work offsite days
- Stock options
- Unlimited cold brews
- Dog and cat friendly offices located in hip East Austin
- If this role describes you, we look forward to receiving your complete application online!
- Your cover letter should tell us why you are such a rockstar, explain your ideal situation, and how your unique skill set will become essential to the team’s success
- Submit a one-page resume and exemplify why you are the Tax Accountant we are looking for