Global Content Manager
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is theworld leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places tostay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family ofbrands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection ofvacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences andbenefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditionalhotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental ownersand property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookingsonline.
TheGlobal Content Manager is responsible for the delivery and execution of theGlobal Customer Experience knowledge management content, both internal andexternal, to drive self-service success, call deflection, reduced handle time,agent retention, and positive customer behaviors. This strategic role willcontribute greatly to ensure that HomeAway has the organizational capability tomeet current and future business objectives. As the manager of a globallydispersed team, this individual will ensure we are building employeecapabilities, developing leaders and retaining key talent to meet businessobjectives. This individual is an expert in all things related to content andoptimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics andmeaningful measurement. The position collaborates with all departments acrossthe HomeAway global matrix to help clarify both the internal messaging andexternal knowledge needed by the customer to successfully self-serve onHomeAway products and features.
- Partner with global and localeducation teams to provide content that augments internal trainingprograms.
- Interpret internal or external business issues andrecommend best practices for creation and delivery of content designed todeflect contacts and improve self-service success.
- Supervise content developers; be an arbiter ofbest practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Conduct ongoing analyses to gauge contenteffectiveness. Gather and review data and make recommendations based on thoseresults.
- Work with content teams and partners to revise andmeasure particular content and goals.
- Develop standards, systems, and best practices(both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance,content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real- timeimplementation of content strategies.
- Ensure consistent global experience and implementappropriate localization/translation strategies.
- Demonstrate aptitude for and interest intechnology and integration issues, with an understanding of which technologiescan contribute to capturing, storing, exploring and sharing knowledge.
- Build and maintain effective relationships withpeers and key stakeholders, across business and education teams fostering acollaborative culture.
- Design and implement systematic, periodic contentaudits.
- Supervise the maintenance of content inventoriesand matrices.
- Lead and own cross-functional projects, bothlocally and globally.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience deliveringregular reporting on digital channels, including analysis, and delivering monthon month improvement (knowledge of Google Analytics is a plus).
- Ability to negotiate and influence within a matrixorganization.
- Exhibit excellent organizational, presentationskills and attention to detail.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Enjoy working in a fluid, dynamic anddeadline-oriented organization with a minimal amount of direction.
- 5+ years of experience managing adigital content delivery channel.
- Background with a global eCommerce businessexperience a plus.
- Experience working in a global environment acrossmultiple brands a plus.
- Ability to travel internationally 10%
- Competitivehealth and insurance benefits
- Annualtarget bonus or commission
- Paidvacation and sick time
- Vacationrental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- EmployeeStock Purchase Program
- Freesnacks and beverages
- Frequentcompany update talks with our leadership team
- Freelisting on HomeAway.com
- Electronic,adjustable stand-up desk
- DiscountedMetro & Rail pass