The Benefits Specialist serves on the HotSchedules Talent Management team providing responsive and efficient processing of all employee and company requests concerning benefits. This role will assist our employees and payroll team in both an internal and external capacity to ensure seamless benefits processing throughout the benefits lifecycle of employee elections/questions, HRIS carrier connections, checking payroll for correct benefit deductions, and ensuring vendor invoices are correct.
Specifically, the role will answer the benefits questions from employees via inbox and phone, problem solve questions via system lookups and research and respond back within 24 hours. The Benefits Specialist will review data spreadsheets to ensure the accuracy of information and fix any inaccuracies systematically to resolve issues, review US semi-monthly payroll and document inaccuracies for payroll. Preferred candidates will have a solid foundation in health insurance and 401k benefits administration and processes, labor leave laws and experience working with benefits carriers.
- Advise employees via email inbox and phone on benefits and 401k policies, programs and procedures, responding within 24 hours per our customer service level expectations.
- Ensure accuracy when processing benefits forms for new/current employees.
- Review 401k reports and assist with all administration of 401k plan including assisting with the 401k plan audit and 5500 preparation with Fidelity and our auditors.
- Liase with insurance carriers regarding plans, connections, eligibility, claims processing, and enrollments, including reviewing invoices for accuracy.
- Assist in preparing for the annual US employee benefits renewal process, including coordination of benefit meetings, enrollment materials and enrollment submittal to carriers.
- Audit payroll periodically to ensure that proper deductions are taking place in employee payroll.
- Responsible for leave management payroll schedules and alignment to payroll, as well as associated payroll calendars.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned, such as organization chart updates and employee memos.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Administration, or other related degree.
- 1-3 years of benefits administration experience in an insourced environment. Professional Benefits Certification a plus.
- Experience managing employee enrollments and coordinating health, dental, vision, STD, LTD, HSA, FSA benefits with various carriers.
- Tactical knowledge of 401K regulations, uploads and plans.
- Knowledge of labor laws and regulations, both federal and state.
- Any experience with compensation management would be a plus, but not required.
- Verbal and written communication experience with all personnel levels exemplifying tact and diplomacy.
- Superior attention to detail while ensuring quick response times.
- Ability to handle confidential information and materials with care and discretion.
- The ability to prioritize competing deadlines and tasks.