Director, Human Resources
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Do you crave the chance to create meaningful impact on a rapidly growing business? Do you want to be in a high pace, high energy workplace bent on revolutionizing one of the most exciting industries – travel? If so, this HR Director role is a compelling opportunity for you!
Partnering closely with select technology groups and their leadership teams you will work to align business and HR strategies to build a highly engaged culture and ensure extraordinary employee experience across the employee journey. This position plays a key role in crafting and implementing the strategy and programs in support of short-term and long-term strategic objectives with the overall outcomes of attracting, retaining, and developing the best talent for the company. This job is based in Austin, TX and reports to the Vice President, Human Resources.
- Drive the talent agenda - Lead talent strategies including workforce and succession planning, employee development plans and performance planning, ensuring the organization’s recognition structures reward and recognize high performance and representation of HomeAway’s values in how work is accomplished. HomeAway applies User Design Thinking and Employee Experience Journey Mapping in our drive to deliver an extraordinary employee experience. We will look to you to apply these methodologies along with a data driven approach to deliver world-class talent solutions for your global client groups.
- Change- Design and execute complex change programs globally by leveraging local HR business partners within Expedia Group and applying effective change playbooks. Design and deliver aligned communications and change programs ensuring organizational effectiveness. This includes organizational assessment, design, talent, performance and culture initiatives. Drive informed decision-making by using data to identify trends and work with business leaders to determine root cause of issues; develop organizational effectiveness solutions. Identify HR trends externally and across the business groups and actively proposes programs to address these trends
- Engagement – Ensure a Great Place to Work and have excellent engagement levels through enablement of the right culture and delivery of the engagement plans to engage and develop our talent. Coach Leadership Team on effective strategies for developing and engaging diverse talent. Champion & key influencer in Leadership & Manager Development Programs
- Partnership – Partner with Talent, Regional HR, Rewards teams, and other COEs within HomeAway and Expedia Group on global processes. Play key project role in global projects where global initiative is incubated and scaled across Expedia Group. This will include leading and coordinating cross functional teams globally.
- Leadership – Key player on the leadership team of select groups, identifying HR priorities that need to be built into strategy, coaching the team, including and up to SVP level talent for high performance results. Understand HomeAway business model and objectives and plays role in development of both business and HR priorities.
- Team Management – Successfully lead a team of HR Business Partners. Will be responsible for aligning work of team to the prioritized needs of the business and HR function. Take an active role in the engagement and development of the HRBP team and create a high performing inclusive culture exhibiting HomeAway’s values.
Key attributes include:
- Demonstrable senior HR expertise including talent development and recruiting experience. 8 years’ senior experience in a high tech or B2C environment.
- Track record in partnering high-tech Engineering or Product teams.
- Prior global change management experience is critical – including turnaround, restructure or acquisition or disposal.
- Highly intellectual thought partner; seen as a strategic partner.
- Strong business acumen, consulting, analysis, project management, communication, presentation, negotiation, conflict management and analytical skills.
- Proven strategic business partnering and influencing that has developed talent across geographic boundaries.
- Prior experience of a highly matrixed HR model and partnering with COEs.
- Demonstrate real understanding of business and commercial drivers.
- Resilient – can handle volume, pace and challenge in a constructive way.
- Builds tight-knit relationships at all levels with confidence and strong influencing skills
- Recognized formal professional qualification.
- Experience in a talent role (or talent biased HRBP role) is preferred.
- Coaching and facilitation skills.
- Previous experience of operating on a leadership team is preferred.
- Prior global experience, lead initiatives across multiple geographies and has knowledge of cultural implications and understands local/regional laws and customs.
- Extraordinarily high level of integrity, discretion and confidentiality.
- Courage to propose solutions others are reluctant to address focused on the best interests of the business.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."