Director of Human Resources
We're growing rapidly here at Tecovas, and we're looking to hire our first Human Resources leader to help us scale our team from ~30 to 100+ over the next 1-2 years. The core responsibility of the Director of Human Resources will be to design, develop, and manage the Tecovas HR function from end to end.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and implement the necessary components of an HR function at a rapidly-growing company with both exempt and non-exempt employees
- Develop and own the strategy and implementation of our corporate benefits plan, with an emphasis on attracting and retaining top talent
- Design and implement effective training programs for all employees - and partner with hiring managers in different functions to ensure ongoing employee training
- Develop effective performance management techniques and processes, including feedback, management training, succession planning, and other initiatives to support internal employee growth and development
- Act as the primary contact for employer relations and a partner to managers in navigating performance issues
- Leverage deep human resources knowledge and experience to guide executive decision-making and risk-mitigation initiatives
- Partner with hiring managers and recruiter(s) - internal and external - to attract and on-board on-brand employees
- Act as the leader and carrier of company culture, partnering with management team and employees to define values and continuously improve company culture and performance
This role will report directly to the Founder/CEO but will serve as the primary human resources contact for every Tecovas employee.
The ideal Director of Human Resources is an experienced HR leader with a passion for developing strong company and employee culture. Specific qualifications include:
- 10+ years of Human Resources (HR) experience
- 3+ years in a Human Resources leadership position
- BA/BS degree from a top-tier institution and demonstrated academic excellence
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Full understanding of the objectives and structure of a high-performing HR function
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations - and experience working with attorneys to ensure company obligations to employees and third parties are met
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- A successful track record building and maintaining strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- A proven ability to resolve many priorities simultaneously, quickly synthesizing multiple perspectives to identify themes and solutions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Advanced interpersonal, coaching, conflict resolution, and verbal communication skills
- Independent, results-driven work ethic
- Utmost character, honesty, and transparency
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Equity grant
- 99% health and 100% dental & vision insurance premium coverage for employee and dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free boots!
Tecovas is revolutionizing the western market as the first digitally-native brand. We are a rapidly-growing company (we've grown from 5 to 20+ employees in the last 12 months) and we're passionate about making and selling incredible consumer products at approachable prices. Want an early seat on a rocket ship? Shoot us an application!
Important note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at Tecovas may include phone calls, on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit. We will contact you if that is the case!