RigUp exists to empower the people that power the world and make all of our lives possible. To make progress towards our mission, we must attract, retain, and grow the best minds of our time to tackle the challenges that are ahead of us. We're hiring a Director of Talent Development to take on the ambitious task of enabling and growing a world-class team.
RigUp is an extremely fast-growing, well-capitalized tech startup in Austin. In the last year, we increased our headcount by more than 3X and currently have over 230 employees and continue to grow at a similar clip this year. Our Talent objective is to attract, align, and grow exceptional talent through a world-class talent experience and we are looking for a Talent Development leader to build a team, processes, and frameworks that will allow us to enable and develop our team while delivering an exceptional employee experience.
The ideal candidate cares deeply about talent and learning and development and has a strong bias for finding solutions to business problems. As a leader of the Talent Development team, you have a track record of building exceptional Talent Development programs in fast-scaling environments and attracting top-tier L&D professionals to join your team. You will partner with every key function at RigUp and be responsible for working alongside other leaders to define RigUp’s talent development strategy using a data-based approach.
What you'll be doing
- Build and grow a high-performing Talent Development organization
- Partner with the Head of Talent and other departmental leaders and build and deliver a Talent Development strategy that delivers business results
- Create a Talent Development framework that can deliver customized learning experiences for diverse, top-tier talent at the speed the business requires
- Partner with Talent Acquisition, Talent Brand, and Talent Operations to deliver a seamless Talent experience Provide ongoing coaching and support to employees
What we're looking for
- 8+ years of Talent Development / L&D experience, with 4+ years building teams and managing people
- A mix of experience working in startups in a fast-paced L&D role and working at larger companies in a best-in-class L&D team
- Expert people management and team building skills
- Detailed understanding and a point of view on learning frameworks and tools
- Trained coach who gets personal fulfillment through helping others learn
- Expert ability to both zoom out (shape strategies and think about our Talent Development priorities several years out) and zoom in (coach team and execute on the Talent Development roadmap)
- You are always questioning the status quo and look for opportunities to break convention when you think better results can be achieved
- When you try to understand a problem, you ask for the data. You are fluent with L&D analytics and how to improve systems and processes
- Flexible PTO policy 401k
- Program with 4% match
- Fully paid health insurance
- Daily catered meals
- Competitive commuter benefits
- Work from home flexibility
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
- $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $123.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the oilfield.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!