People Operations Generalist
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity that is cognitive computing. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries, society and even the workplace. CognitiveScale is a high-energy, high-growth company funded by entities such as IBM, Intel, Microsoft and Norwest. We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our growing team as a People Operations Generalist. Reporting to the Head of People Operations, this person will play a critical role in creating amazing employee and manager experiences.
The role of the People Operations Generalist is to support the employee experience practices across the business and continually innovate on a daily basis. You will work closely with employees across the organization to aid them in understanding of people operations programs. You'll have a knack for data and help to drive the use of HR systems.
• Partners with employees to communicate various policies, procedures, and standards.
• Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations for corrective action and continuous improvement.
• Responds to employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints.
• Represents the company for any unemployment claims.
• Facilitates training (including onboarding) to the workforce.
• Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
• Conducts and coordinates new-hire onboarding.
• Supports the People Operations department in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience.
• Administers CogTalk (20 Minute Instructional Talk) Program.
• Maintains HRIS Data.
• Processes Payroll with ADP.
• Maintain Benefit Carrier Systems.
• Compile and produce monthly Management Reports
Bachelor's degree in human resource management or a related field or equivalent education, training and experience.
5 years of experience in human resource generalist role.
PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
CognitiveScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CognitiveScale does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
CognitiveScale is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please: no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CognitiveScale via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of CognitiveScale. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by CognitiveScale as a result of the referral or through other means.