People Opertions (HR) Specialist
The People Operations (HR) Specialist provides human resources consultation and guidance to assigned business unit managers and employees regarding performance management, employee relations, and interpretation and implementation of employment policies to ensure consistent application and compliance with all applicable policies. Additional duties include, but are not limited to, monitoring and engaging in activities related to onboarding, leaves of absences, accommodations and HR data integrity and analysis. The Human Resources Specialist acts as the ‘customer-facing’ business partner to the leadership team and employee population of the assigned business unit and/or geographic area of responsibility. This role provides direct support in the areas of employee relations, performance management, benefits administration, and employee training/development.
- Assist with employee on-boarding and work to continuously improve this experience for new hires
- HRIS data entry, maintenance and reporting
- Occasional filing and clerical assistance
- Assist with tracking new hire data and retention information
- Oversees and participates in the on-boarding process with management to ensure orientation process is complete and thorough
- Coordinates with the payroll department to investigate and resolve payroll issues
- Provide other support and back-up to the People Operations Department as needed
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Assists with internal investigations as necessary in response to employee complaints.
- Collaborates with management team providing a resolution plan, follows up to ensure completion and participates in disciplinary actions when applicable.
- Identify and successfully address employee relations issues.
- Ensures proper maintenance of confidential employee information.
- Assist with disciplinary actions, including performance plans, and employee warnings as needed.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of employment laws and practices, as well as internal policies/procedures, and provides suitable interpretation to management and employees.
- Provides support for activities related to federal and state laws and regulations governing human resources practices including but not limited to the Fair Labor Standards Act, Family and Medical Leave Act and Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Plans and or assists employee engagement events as needed.
- Proactively identify areas to enhance the organization and employee experience
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Proven ability to build and maintain partnerships and solid working relationships with management and employees at all levels.
- Cultivates a culture that emphasizes responsiveness, innovation, diversity and excellence.
- Assists with HR-related education/training, communication and awareness efforts. Supports implementation and training for new HR programs, policies, and initiatives.
- Serves as local contact for benefits education and assists with Open Enrollment, leveraging Benefits Specialists as needed.
- Hustle! We are a lean team, so be prepared to contribute to additional People Ops projects and culture initiatives as needed and bring energy to our Austin office!
- Candidates must have experience in working directly with employees, supervisors, investigating and making problem solving recommendations, surrounding employee issues.
- An engaging communicator with a knack for building relationships.
- Action-oriented, with ability to operate successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, handle adversity and frequent change, and balance workload and competing priorities.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently, without daily direction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn and navigate a Human Resource Information System. Knowledge of ADP data entry and reporting strongly preferred
- Customer-service focus and strong influencing skills. Must have demonstrated experience dealing successfully with internal customers.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- People Operations or Human Resources equivalent: 2-4 years