Senior HR Business Partner – Amherst Residential
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst sponsors and develops companies that help institutional investors underwrite and manage their U.S. real estate investments with holdings in asset management, investment banking, loan origination, technology and single family residential. We seek a talented and resourceful Senior HR Business Partner to play a key role in defining the people strategy and building an agile, scalable HR infrastructure for our highly successful, rapidly growing Amherst Residential (“AmRes”) business.
You will partner with the leadership team at Amherst Residential and Amherst to align business and HR strategies in support of short and long-term objectives and ensure a world-class employee experience. Reporting into the Amherst Head of Human Capital you will develop programs, provide insight and develop trusted relationships with leaders, managers and employees across AmRes to attract, develop, reward, retain and inspire the best talent for the firm. This is a unique opportunity have fun and continue your own career development through turning your ideas into actions that have real business impact.
- Build credibility as a true partner and trusted advisor by quickly becoming well versed in the AmRes business, it’s goals and objectives and providing exceptional service.
- Collaborate with the Head of Human Capital and Amherst HR team in setting HR strategy, creating and implementing new initiatives and programs that leverage the business and align with Amherst’s mission and values.
- Drive and facilitate a positive, employee centric culture. Ensure company values and branding is incorporated into organizational change and business improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with managers and talent acquisition on workforce planning and hiring strategy.
- Provide expertise and coaching to managers on leadership and personal development.
- Drive talent management including talent assessment and development, engaging high potentials, succession & career planning, and retention.
- Evaluate training and coaching needs, identify relevant programs and activities and monitor progress against objectives.
- Identify and use metrics and analytics to make the business case for people initiatives.
- Provide guidance on HR policy and practice. Respond to HR issues in a flexible manner and demonstrate the ability to define and implement creative solutions to complex issues.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable employment related state and federal laws and regulations. Conduct thorough, objective investigations and recommend actions to resolve.
Expertise and Capabilities:
- 8+ years relevant HR experience. Tenure and career progression within a complex, global organization and PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification(s) preferred.
- Strong business acumen and proven record working with & coaching diverse stakeholders and translating complex information across functions.
- Working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including engagement and inclusion, performance & talent management, organizational design, compensation, and the HR regulatory environment.
- Track record of effectively handling complex employee relations issues, and addressing sensitive information and difficult situations with tact, discretion and confidentiality.
- Strong project/program management experience with ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders & competing agendas in a changing a fast-paced environment.
- Self-directed and able to balance demand and capacity. Effective working both independently and in a team.
- Effective problem solver, resourceful in finding solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong communication (written, verbal, presenting, listening), collaboration and influencing.
- Tech savvy with experience in using and implementing HRIS systems.