We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity that is cognitive computing. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries, society and even the workplace. CognitiveScale is a high-energy, high-growth company funded by entities such as IBM, Intel, Microsoft and Norwest. We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our growing team as a Senior Talent & Development Strategist. Reporting to the Head of People Operations, this person will play a critical role in enabling growth and scale for the organization.
The role of the Senior Recruiter is to build scalable recruiting practices across the business and continually innovate on a daily basis. You will work closely with hiring managers across the organization to not only recruit and schedule talent for their interviews, but also ensure everyone involved in the process is invested in hiring, onboarding and developing our new hires.
If you're someone who loves to manage a recruiting pipeline, work with senior leadership, and you're also in search of an opportunity to stretch yourself and help build the foundation of learning throughout the employee lifecycle, this is a great position for you.
- Full-cycle candidate care (establishing rapport with applicants as well as our internal customers, scheduling onsites both virtual and in person, point of contact for post-offer and onboarding)
- Managing open positions (researching, sourcing, screening, navigating hiring teams, closing offers)
- Work closely with the hiring managers across the US, UK and India to deeply understand the roles
- Partner with hiring teams to develop a comprehensive, forward-thinking pipeline and sourcing strategies while fostering long-term relationships
- Shepherd candidates through the recruiting process, understand their needs, qualifying their compensation and culture fit, supervising the process, closing them, and ensuring a smooth onboarding process
- Adapt quickly to changing hiring priorities and be able to formulate plans to fill re-prioritize accordingly
- Collaborate with the Head of People Operations to help make CognitiveScale establish a tradition of hiring and retaining the best talent
- Determine effective sourcing strategies for finding qualified talent
- Negotiate and extend offers of employment
- Develop strategy for building a talent pipeline for long term sourcing
- Monitor the effectiveness of all recruiting strategies
- Create and report analytics on recruiting strategies quarterly
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of recruiting experience, particularly in software or social media and/or a fast-scaling company
- Demonstrated experience in candidate sourcing, interviewing for and successfully filling multiple vacancies utilizing internal and external recruitment sources
- Demonstrated ability to source passive candidates
- Consistent track record closing passive and active candidates in a challenging market
- Ability to run pipeline reports via our ATS (Greenhouse) that are accurate and easy to digest
- Operate independently and partner effectively with hiring managers
- Ability to screen technical candidates for required skills
- Highly-poised with ability to effectively network and interface with all levels of management and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to drive deliverables in ambiguous environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and ability to thoroughly multitask
- Work as part of a team projects dedicated to moving the company forward
- Have a great sense of humor and ability to maintain focus and a positive attitude
- Strong personal network in our industry and in Austin
- Mac friendly but also have a professional level of Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
CognitiveScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CognitiveScale does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
CognitiveScale is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please: no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CognitiveScale via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of CognitiveScale. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by CognitiveScale as a result of the referral or through other means.