Strategic Talent Sourcing Leader (Consultant)
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands. HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
HomeAway is searching for a Strategic Talent Sourcing Leader (Consultant) to design and build HomeAway’s approach to longer term talent needs. This person will be responsible for having a deep understanding of HomeAway’s vision and business strategies to design and execute strategic sourcing efforts enabling access to engaged communities of talent aligned to our talent vision. This role will encompass creating a strategic talent pipeline framework which includes providing consultancy to defining top talent definition, building a communities framework and an engagement model to create and maintain interest and to nurture engaged talent. Additionally, this role will layer diversity and inclusion strategy across the model and be able to define applicable metrics/KPIs providing visibility to our external employer brand in these communities and track overall success of the model. The ideal person will have a product mindset and business acumen, be deeply in-tune with the technology/ecommerce market, and collaborate heavily within Talent Acquisition, the broader HR team, and across multiple business stakeholders.
- Experience cultivating new approaches or strategies from ground up.
- Ability to lead through influence and focus on enablement of a vision & strategies with multiple inputs (ex. business strategies, marketing and brand vision, talent development investments and core competency identification).
- Strategic thinker with ability to execute minimal viable products while iterating continuously to achieve longer-term goals.
- Prior success in enabling a talent vision through strategic research & sourcing.
- Ability to identify key metrics/KPIs and utilizing of data/insights to identify opportunities, solutions and/or present ROI.
- Elevating HomeAway’s brand in the market with defined KPIs & readily available ROI insights.
- Ability to operate within Agile framework & prioritize work in 120-day operating segments.
- Be resourceful and comfortable in a dynamic work environment.
- Have fun!
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 8+ years’ of hands-on recruiting & sourcing experience in a high tech environment across multiple locations and countries.
- 4+ years’ experience leading a high performing recruiting team.
- Proven experience developing rapport with executive leadership and across the HR function.
- Must have experience with driving talent strategies in multiple countries; a self-starter who can operate across macro and micro level efforts.
- Experience in developing key recruiting metrics & data and using data to articulate a story and drive solutions.
- A sense of curiosity resulting in the ability to recognize opportunities within the business, team and overall HR function.
This position is a contract role based out of Austin, TX.