Location: Chicago, IL (preferred) or Austin, TX
The Talent Captain provides broad scale HR consulting and problem-solving solutions to leaders, manager and employees at a company within the Vista portfolio. The position will report directly into a MD, HR Business Partner.
This position will partner with Vista Consulting Group and Vista Equity Partner leaders, managers and employees to identify issues, analyze situations and develop customized solutions to human resource matters. The incumbent will support a VP, HR Business Partner in efforts to lead or facilitate Human Resources programs/initiatives, including compensation, talent acquisition, talent management, organizational development, diversity/inclusion, and learning/training in partnership with HR centers of excellence. In addition to implementing people management strategies, incumbents are also responsible for ensuring that firm policies and procedures are implemented across the business area including the annual promotion, performance review, and compensation processes.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for participating in and influencing business area planning.
- Partners with HR COEs to improve manager, employee and company performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Provides advice to leaders/managers on talent acquisition and staffing strategies/programs/activities. Leads talent management and learning/development planning
- Handles sensitive issues independently without direction. Develops points of view and recommendations using Human Capital Data to support decision making.
- Business Acumen: Knowledge, insight and understanding of business concepts, functions, tools, processes and metrics and ability to apply this knowledge to diverse situations to drive value-added solutions.
- Trusted Partner: Develops strong relationships and operates with the highest level of integrity in all interactions. Provides a balanced and alternative point of view to better the business and add value. Consistently and effectively delivers agreed upon results for the business.
- HR Practice & Consultation: Possesses technical HR expertise with a working knowledge of HR functions through prior HR experience. Partners with the business on HR topics that impacting day to day, strategic and long-range business plans. Assesses business and organizational development needs, customizes, and implements creative and effective HR solutions.
- Contracting & Influencing: Influences tactics, and strategies and impacts decisions within HR and across the organization, in a constructive and collaborative manner. Partners with key stakeholders to agree upon outcomes and manage expectations.
- Decision Making & Critical Thinking: Understanding of the issues related to the decision making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, include diverse perspectives and reach productive decisions.
- 5+ years of experience in human resources or related functions, e.g., employee relations, compensation, staffing, talent management, generalist responsibilities, benefit administration, information systems, training and development.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Demonstrated ability influencing the business strategy and shaping HR strategic direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – can communicate complex concepts and recommendations into simple and compelling presentations
- Strong analytic mindset with the ability to learn quickly
- Proven organizational and prioritization skills to meet the demands of a matrix organization
- Must have process and project experience, including the ability to execute flawlessly and meet all deadlines
- Ability to remain self-motivated and engaged to meet the demands of the business
- MBA or applicable Master's degree and professional designations, e.g., CCP, SPHR, etc.
- M&A and/ or transition experience desired