Big Data Platform Engineering Intern
HomeAway,based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia,Inc. family of brands. HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacationrental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits,especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotelaccommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners andproperty managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
We are looking for talented and passionate software engineers to make an impact on our industry leading Cloud Engineering team. You will work alongside a highly-experienced team of engineers from various academic and industry backgrounds.
You’ll have the chance to impact the development experience on the edge of innovation of cloud technologies. Our ever-growing footprint, will give you the opportunity to work at scale while being creative in an agile team. You’ll be joining a team where people go out of their way to help each other succeed. You’ll also get to work with partners across the globe gaining international experience in a fast-paced e-commerce industry all while working in an incredible office space!
Here is some of the work our interns will be focused on:
Digital Infrastructure: Play a key role in Digital Infrastructure for Realtime Intelligence. You will be working on high performance, petabyte scale Big Data platform serving real-time and batch processing needs of the company. Opportunity to learn technologies that include Kafka, Kafka streams, Hadoop.
Technologies we use:
Java, Python, Ruby, Scala, AWS, Hadoop, Node.js, D3.js, Kafka, Kafka steams, Spark, Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk, Jenkins, Github, Artifactory, Consul, DataDog, Terraform, Elasticsearch, Consul, Cassandra, Jersey, Jetty, KStreams, Mesos, and Linux.
- Currently pursuing a BS, or MS in computer science or a related technical field
- Experience with AWS, Azure or VMWare
- Experience working collaboratively through an agile development process including gathering requirements through presenting your work
- Experience developing unit tests, functional tests, and integration test frameworks for distributed systems
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of DevOps, software development life Cycle (SDLC), system administration, Puppet/Chef/Ansible/SaltStack, and Platform
- Interest\course work in Machine Learning and AI would be a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.