Brand Protection Internship
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you have the opportunity to create something exceptional, build something sustainable and make a real impact. We are built for the wild.
We are seeking a Brand Protection Intern for Summer 2018. This is the perfect opportunity for an aspiring student looking for experience working in intellectual property rights. As a member of our nimble team, you will see your contributions put to use. If you are a highly motivated, creative problem solver that thrives in a fast-paced environment, YETI’s Brand Protection team is the place for you to develop skills and get hands-on experience. In this role, you will take on important projects that will develop your skill set and make a meaningful impact to the business.
Project Scope and Responsibilities:
International expansion and marketplace assessment:
- Monitor, research, collate and present targets of merchants in key countries who offer infringing goods through global marketplaces
- Monitor, track and help create action plans against counterfeiters’ marketing efforts, including advertising activity on platforms and search engines
- Draft cease and desist letters, takedown requests and DMCA letters for the removal of counterfeit and infringing items across different channels, including rouge websites, search engines, marketplaces and social media platforms
- Research and test new techniques, tools, programs and 3rd party solutions that aid in IP protection including algorithms, new technologies, and resources
- Collect, review and summarize data from internal stakeholders, teams and company reports
- Assist in identifying and executing different brand protection programs and consumer education initiatives
- Conduct a thorough review of certain internal practices
Qualifications and Characteristics for success:
- Must be a full-time student completing their 3rd year at an accredited University
- Additional language fluency in written and spoken Mandarin and/or Spanish strongly preferred
- Field of study in International Business, Marketing, International Studies, International Communications or related field
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and exceptionally high attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple projects from initiation to conclusion
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Willing and able to follow through on complex issues
- Experience with internet and electronic research and investigation a plus
Want your application to stick out? Include a cover letter that highlights why you are interested in a career in Brand Protection and why you’d want to work with YETI.