Data Science Internship
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are built for the wild.
We are seeking a Data Science Intern that will work on pilot predictive modeling/data science techniques to improve YETI’s demand forecasting and capabilities. We are looking for someone who is curious – you ask why, you explore, and you are excited to solve big problems! This is a 40 hour/week, paid internship.
Project Scope and Responsibilities:
- This project will leverage both internal and external data sets to explore statistical and machine learning techniques for demand forecasting at YETI
- These techniques will be explored for both new and mature products
- The project will focus on both variable selection and model development across many dimensions (seasonality, customer segment, product, product lifecycle, and external public data)
- Various statistical methods and machine learning algorithms will be evaluated for fit and performance
Now for a little bit about you...
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, preferably Data Science, Business Analytics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, or related quantitative field
- Completion of 2+ years of study
- Excellent problem solver with the ability to take initiative
- Able to present findings and communicate effectively
- Able to work effectively in a team and leverage constructive feedback
- Experience with Open source platforms, analytic model development and machine learning tools such as: Python, R, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, and Facebook Prophet
*Students not located currently in Austin, Texas will be responsible for covering all expenses associated with relocation to Austin. (ie. travel, lodging, transportation, food, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.