Civitas Learning is seeking an Event Marketing intern for the 2019 Fall semester. The Event Marketing intern will assist the Marketing team in proactive planning, communication, and coordination of overall event execution. These events include industry events, educational technology conferences, networking dinners or cocktail receptions, and customer-facing events.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with projects in the areas of marketing, event development and planning, and sponsorship needs/deliverables
- Assist with projects in researching 3rd party marketing and brand influence engagements
- Organize & purchase supplies for events as needed, keep track of inventory, and assist in shipping marketing materials to events
- Contact vendors as needed to move event logistics forward and secure equipment and rentals as needed
- Assist with activities relating to capturing pre-event and post-event data, lead capturing, updating company database and CRM relating to events, and assist with budget tracking
- Assist Marketing team with brainstorming and planning of future events, and research relevant industry events and conferences for Call for Proposals submissions, award nominations, and other key deadlines
- Organizational skills to manage multiple tasks, attention to detail, an ability to prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Reliable self-starter who takes initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and follow-up skills
- Proactive problem prevention and the ability to solve problems
- Professionalism when dealing with event/association representatives, vendors, and customers and prospective customers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Data entry and computer skills
About Civitas Learning:
Civitas Learning partners with universities and colleges dedicated to helping more students learn well and finish strong. We provide tools and services for educators that bring together and make the most of their diverse and disconnected data streams; personalize information and support for their students; and deepen understanding of the impact of their student-success initiatives. Through our work together, our partners are empowering leaders, advisors, faculty, & students—and measurably improving enrollment, persistence, and graduation outcomes.
Today, Civitas Learning has more than 350 colleges and universities as customers, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of customers, Civitas Learning is making the most of the world’s learning data to graduate a million more students per year by 2025.
Civitas Learning is located in the heart of downtown Austin, directly across from Lady Bird Lake and the Austin Hike and Bike Trail. Civitas offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, onsite paid parking, 401-K Program and a flexible paid time off policy. Civitas Learning is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.