Global Email Marketing Intern
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
HomeAway is seeking a talented marketing intern who will support the coordination and execution of email campaigns. Our team works directly with global and local marketing, creative, and product teams that span HomeAway’s entire brand portfolio around the world. We are responsible for attracting travelers as well as partnering with homeowners to provide quality inventory that inspires travel and creates memories.
What you’ll do:
- As a key contributor to the Marketing Automation team:
- You will assist in QA of outgoing email campaigns
- You will create a historical AB testing analysis and compile suggestions for future channel testing
- You will compile metrics for ongoing channel reporting to partners
- You will build an email catalogue and map out traveler/owner communication journey. Offer suggestions for gaps in communications and optimizations
- You will analyze campaign performance and conduct competitive analyses to find ways to continuously improve our programs.
- You will work cross-functionally with a wide array of teams including Partner and Traveler Marketing,
- Acquisition, Digital Platform, Product and Creative departments.
- You will take part in emergency communications on an ad hoc basis
- You will establish a summer lunch and learn series for marketing partners to attend. You will identify pain points, knowledge gaps, speakers, etc, and determine series frequency.
- What you will learn:
- Basic HTML
- Project management skills
- Agile & scrum method
- A/B testing methods
- Email automation - Eloqua & Message Gears Platforms
- Working on a global team
- Spend time shadowing team members to understand campaign strategy, software, tools and data & analytics
Who you are:
- Who we are looking for:
- You are a go-getter, who is detail-oriented.
- You think using the scientific mindset and consider
- yourself a problem solver.
- You think of failure as a learning opportunity
- You are a combination of creative & analytical
- You have experience with Google Drive & Microsoft Suite
- You are interested in email marketing & automation
- You are a strong & clear communicator
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Discounted rail and bus passes
- Free drinks and snacks
- Electronic, adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
This role is part of HomeAway University which starts June 3rd, 2019 and lasts for 11 weeks. Learn more about our HomeAway University training program here: https://www.homeaway.com/careers/university
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.