We are revolutionizing the western boot market and we are looking for our first set of interns to help us tell the Tecovas story and help shape our marketing & sales function. The ideal Intern is an independent, positive, hard-working, and creative individual who can live and breathe the Tecovas ethos and aesthetic and represent the brand both in-person and online. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Customer service, communication, & retention initiatives
- Event sales and marketing
- Campus & guerrilla marketing strategy development
- Social media marketing & PR
- Event and broader offline strategy & execution
- Customer operations & logistics
- General business strategy
- Creative content strategy and development (depending on background)
This role will be crucial to our development as a rapidly-growing startup brand! The candidate will report to the core leadership team and will get unmatched cross-functional experience and exposure -- and see first-hand how both marketing and operations decisions are made in a high-growth startup environment.
Hours will be flexible and can be structured to fit the ideal candidate's needs, with the exception of important sales & marketing events.
- High school diploma required
- Current BA/BS student from top university preferred
- Relevant retail experience desired but not required
- Relevant pursuant degree (marketing, business, sales, strategy, communications)
- Ability to operate a computer and related sales programs efficiently and effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Positive, pleasant, and friendly demeanor
- Competitive hourly wage
- Flexible hours granted based on performance and intern desire/need
- Course and program credit if available/desired
- Tecovas gear and boots
- Mentorship and guidance from executive team
Tecovas is revolutionizing the western-wear market as the first brand to make beautiful, handcrafted cowboy boots and sell them exclusively directly to customers. We are a rapidly-growing startup brand based in Austin, Texas with bootmaking operations in León, Mexico. We have an amazing cohort of customers, venture capital-backing, and a core team ready to expand and disrupt the US boot market.
Important note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at Tecovas may include phone calls, on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.