IT Security Intern
Procore is accepting applications for our 2019 Summer Security and Risk Management Internship Program. As an IT Intern, you will take on exciting challenges that enable you to keep employees productive and equipped by supporting our company's technology, software, and IT Operations. The Security and Risk Management internship is an opportunity to gain on-to-one mentorship and learn the ropes of Information Technology Security and Risk Management.
You’ll have the opportunity to acquire in-depth experience in Information Security and Risk Management, as well as an opportunity to explore and learn the ins and outs of Information Technology. We’re looking for ambitious, talented students seeking professional development.
This is a paid internship and will start in Spring as a part-time position and move into full-time in the Summer.
What you’ll do:
- Assist senior level staff with Security and Risk Operations as needed.
- Contribute meaningfully to various projects related to Security and Risk roadmaps.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal clients and communicate professionally with management, team leaders, and other team members within the department.
- Approach problems in a quantitative and qualitative manner and partner with the business to understand their needs and drive Information Technology solutions.
- Assist staff with process and system documentation (flowcharts, etc.).
What we’re looking for:
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor or Master of Science/Business Administration degree with a grad date of December 2019 or later. Concentrations in computer science, information systems, information security, math, decision sciences, risk management, engineering (mechanical, electrical, industrial) or other business/technology disciplines strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and make good decisions with minimal direction.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to analyze complex data, draw accurate conclusions, and make business recommendations.
- Strong working proficiency with Microsoft applications, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word – familiarity working with SQL.
- Strong customer service attitude.
- Basic understanding of computer networks (LAN/WAN/wireless/VPN) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- High degree of self-motivation and task management skills.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.