New Product Development Engineering Services Internship
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are built for the wild.
We are seeking a new product development engineering services Intern that will complete our YETI product portfolio benchmark testing. This person will develop and document standardized test methods and improve upon our test request process and system reporting! This is a 40 hour/week, paid internship.
Project Scope and Responsibilities:
- Create standardization and continuity within the YETI Engineering Services team regarding Document control and product specification
- Test YETI’s legacy products and our competitors to establish benchmark data for product performance and marketing research.
- Utilizing YETI Innovation Center equipment
- Develop and standardize test methods.
- Working as a lab engineer to develop and document methods
- Work with engineers to develop document control procedures
- Through Process improvement team activities refine the YETI document control process and establish standards
Now for a little bit about you...
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, preferably Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering, or Industrial design
- Completion of 2+ years of study
- Some work will be hands on in a Test Lab/Shop environment so must be willing to work outside of an office
- Lean or Six Sigma Experience preferred (Course work acceptable)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Solid works
- SmartSheets experience preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- You are an excellent problem solver with the ability to take initiative
- Team oriented
- Independent thinker
*Students not located currently in Austin, Texas will be responsible for covering all expenses associated with relocation to Austin. (ie. travel, lodging, transportation, food, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.