Public Relations Intern
HomeAway is seeking a creative, self-motivated college student to join our team as an intern this summer. The intern will help execute PR strategies and media relations initiatives targeted toward vacation homeowners and travelers who are discovering vacation rentals are an excellent alternative to traditional travel accommodations. This position has learning potential further their career in the public relations field.
What you’ll do:
- You will help with responding to media queries by researching media contacts, conducting research and fulfilling general requests
- You will write and edit press releases
- You will be monitoring and tracking media coverage
- You will develop and maintain media lists
- You will assist in planning and scheduling media tours, conference attendance
- You will participate in US and International PR meetings
Who you are:
- Our Ideal Intern:
- You are pursuing an undergraduate degree, preferably majoring in public relations, journalism or communications
- You have a strong work ethic and are a self-starter
- You have strong written, verbal, and research skills as well as knowledge of AP style
- You have the ability to multi-task and be flexible with competing priorities
- You are energetic and outgoing, with strong interpersonal skills
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office
- You have time management and organization skills
- You have base knowledge of media and social media landscape
- You can work with limited supervision and as part of a team.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Discounted rail and bus passes
- Free drinks and snacks
- Electric adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
This role is part of HomeAway University which starts June 3rd, 2019 and lasts for 11 weeks. Learn more about our HomeAway University training program here: https://www.homeaway.com/careers/university
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.