SEO Writing Intern
At Volusion, we make products that people love. Our teams are dedicated to providing SaaS commerce solutions and services for all business types, ranging from startups to large enterprises. If you are the kind of student that loves working in teams and has a passion for driving positive change, we want to hear from you.
The Writing Intern will be responsible for assisting the Search Marketing team with creating written content for a variety of ecommerce websites and blogs. They will work with the SEO and Social Media services teams, but will have opportunities to learn about complementary online marketing disciplines.
- Write website and blog content for everything from baby clothes and fashion to medical supplies (and more!)
- Learn to utilize Google Analytics
- Learn about executing and monitoring Search Engine Optimization (SEO) campaigns for client websites
- Build and maintain SEO, social media, and content strategy knowledge through constant team and self-directed learning
- Analyze SEO and social media performance, extract data and generate client reports
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of general SEO concepts
- A go-getter attitude
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Passionate about writing and content creation
- A sense of humor
- Ability to quickly learn new technology platforms
- Creative (and we like our folks a little bit quirky!)
- Ability to work well with others in a team
- Self-motivated and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated drive for superior service, internally and externally
- Does not hate dogs – you don’t have to love them, but we bring our dogs to work on Friday, so they are part of the deal
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a positive and professional manner
- Undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Creative Writing, English, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, BA/BS in Business or other related degrees
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
Cutting-edge. Collaborative. Fun-loving. Ecommerce superheroes -- just some words that describe our Services department. The team consists of close-knit, data-driven individuals who work together to facilitate merchant success. Their search marketing and creative design efforts enable our clients to stand out in the online marketplace and maximize sales.
“This was the first internship where I had real independence and responsibilities that I could see pay off on clients’ sites. It was a big step for me as far as preparing for the workforce.” – Former Search Marketing Intern
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress
- Endless Supply of Coffee and Snacks
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Dry Cleaning
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings
- We are looking for candidates who will be available through the Fall.
** NOTE: This is a part time position. Compensation is $10.00/hour. Please submit a cover letter with your resume. **