Junior Software Engineer
Join AIL as a Junior Software Engineer. The Junior Software Engineer will join our internal team and work within our residential loan origination platform. This role will have a direct impact on our company growth and work within a highly collaborative team of engineers.
- An engineer with high energy, passion, and determined attitude eager to learn and apply that knowledge towards projects.
- Quantitative and analytical thinker that is intellectually curious about technology and how systems work.
- An outspoken, entrepreneurial, collaborative team player who enjoys problem-solving.
- Interest in researching emerging technologies and willing to explore new languages.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and flexibility to change directions quickly.
- Participate in all phases of development from definition and design through implementation, debugging, testing and deployment of features across multiple subsystems within large-scale enterprise applications.
- Provide production support on new and existing products utilizing the InsightLabs technology stack: C/C++, SQL Server
- Work directly with developers, project leads and various business partners to understand and resolve issues.
- Respond to production issues by conducting root cause analysis and identifying the underlying issue.
- Participate in a highly talented, experienced and energetic team on a fast-paced, agile development schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer / Electrical Engineering, MIS, Math, Physics, or another related field
- Demonstrated 1-2 years of technical experience with scalable enterprise web applications using C/C++, SOAP or REST and API’s
- Demonstrated SQL knowledge and experience (SQL Server 2008/2012)
- Previous experience in mortgage industry, real estate or financial services
- Experience with large datasets, data modeling or data transformation
Amherst Holdings LLC is a privately held corporation and is located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a beautifully renovated modern workspace with the latest technologies.
We offer a competitive compensation package including: bonus, 401k, flexible PTO, 11 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time, employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision), maternity/paternity paid leave, life insurance and more.
Our new office features a large gaming area (ping pong/pool table/golf and PlayStation 4), on premise fitness center with showers/lockers and towel service, free snacks, and beverages (beer fridge!), breakfast taco Thursday and daily catered lunches!