Lead Android Developer
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Are you passionate about developing the next generation of mobile experiences? Join our mobile team, an innovative and growing part of HomeAway, Inc., the world’s leading online marketplace for vacation rentals with sites representing over 2 million vacation home listings throughout 190 countries.
We are looking for a hands-on technical lead (or a Senior Android engineer who wants to grow into a Lead role) who can take full ownership over our Android Traveler applications, bringing innovative uses of mobile technology to our customers while ensuring a seamless experience across our websites and native apps.
- Implement new features and functionality in the Android apps
- Define architectural standards and processes to guide development of the Android apps
- Coach and mentor more junior members of the Android development team
- Work with teams across HomeAway to ensure a seamless user experience for customers across all of their devices
- Champion continuous improvement to help raise the bar on quality, performance and maintainability of mobile applications
- Take ownership of assigned features and collaborate effectively with designers and product managers to exceed customer expectations
- Keep abreast of the changes in the industry and champion new technologies and development processes within the team
- Collaborate effectively with engineering leaders across the company and contribute to building the platform for the vacation rental industry
Any experience or education in machine learning, natural language processing, bots, etc. This is only a plus.
Location: Austin, TX (The Domain)
Technical Recruiter: Keith Punches