Director, Corporate Counsel
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
We have an exciting opportunity to support the rapid growth of our Company at our Home Office in Austin, TX! Reporting to our Chief Financial Officer, our Director, Corporate Counsel will be responsible for overseeing all legal agreements and general legal matters. This role requires someone that is highly organized and also great at working with cross-functional teams on multiple projects.
• Responsible for drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and tracking agreements, administering form-based contracts and other templates.
• Establish, maintain, process, and/or oversee files, correspondence, contract management, records, and/or other documents for all agreements and other executed legal documents.
• Prepare/review documents (including redlining changes and accepting tracked changes) and create correspondence based on legal risk and internal stakeholder input.
• Communicate with all company vendors, including their senior executives, in regards to contract matters.
• Consult with management, outside counsel, commercial advisors, tax experts, accountants and cross functional teams as necessary.
• Work cross-functionally with the Company’s risk teams to develop policies on industry-specific issues, legal or regulatory affairs.
• Manage special projects as needed, providing research, reporting, advice and such other tasks as required in support of such special projects.
• Develop strategic business partnerships and counsel cross-functional teams on general business and legal matters.
• Strategically create departmental priorities and corresponding plan to achieve success.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Juris Doctor required (license to practice in TX preferred)
• 8-10 years’ legal practice experience
• 5 years in-house experience in an emerging growth company preferred
• Excellent legal judgment and business acumen to understand the needs of a growing fashion company
• Strong analytical, research, communication, and organizational skills
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail, with a strong sense of responsibility and follow-through
• Possess high level of discretion, tact, judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality
• A proven ability to define and achieve departmental objectives and strategies
• A solutions-oriented mentality with a data driven approach
• A growth mindset: track record of leveraging past learnings, encouraging new ideas and smart risk taking in self and others
• Strong communication skills with a proven ability to build cross functional partnerships to make effective decisions
• High commitment to employee growth and development: empowers team and defines success as having a significant impact on other’s careers
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy