Chive Media Group is seeking a smart, dynamic attorney to serve as a liaison between the company and its respective clients and business partners.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for negotiating and drafting contracts, establishing best practices and strategies for managing legal risks, and serving as an advisor to our internal departments. We are looking for someone who is a law hawk, commercial and a problem solver.
- Draft, review, negotiate and interpret a wide variety of corporate / transactional contracts with a focus on media content, advertising, IP/digital rights and production services.
- Draft and negotiate eCommerce agreements, including licensing, advertising, and business development agreements.
- Establish best practices and formulate new processes in connection with business needs.
- Provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on issues such as contract, rights, content licensing and acquisition, corporate matters, regulatory issues, compliance, and evaluate potential risk and propose practical and responsive solutions.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment, and is able to appreciate legal complexities and risk assessment.
- Manage outside counsel in connection with litigation as needed.
- 5 to 7 years of related media and transactional experience, including direct experience with IP copyright, trademark and litigation.
- Experience with sales - advertising & promotional law.
- Member of and in good standing of a State bar (Texas bar or willingness to obtain licensure in Texas is preferred).
- Strong knowledge of digital media industry and familiarity with industry’s legal customs and practices.
- Extremely skilled and detailed in contract drafting between two or more contributing parties.
- Employment law experience (independent contractors, harassment & working knowledge of Title VII).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to tackle matters in and outside areas of expertise with a can-do, flexible attitude, understanding that no job is too big or too small.
- Able to effectively operate in a family-run, entrepreneurial environment.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- Profit sharing.
- 401(k) with a company match (after 6 months with the company).
- Open vacation policy.
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance.