Our Legal team is looking for a skilled Legal Counsel to join Spredfast + Lithium. The ideal candidate will be anaccomplished mid-level attorney with a distinguished professionalrecord, strong business orientation, a creative and problem solving mindset andstrategic agility. The position requires experience in contract drafting andnegotiations in the cloud/ SaaS industry, a solid understanding of data privacyrules both in the U.S. and abroad, and basic understanding of securitystandards applicable to cloud companies. The role requires exemplary ethics and integrity, a high level oforganization/ project management skills, self-motivation, and problem-solvingaptitude. The candidate must have theability to partner with and support the business to achieve key goals whilemaintaining the high standards of the Spredfast + Lithium Legal department. The individual in this role must be able toperform and thrive in a fast paced highly collaborative environment, and willbe accountable for significant legal decisions and counsel. Prior law firmexperience strongly preferred.
· Provide common sense, risk based legal advice and solutionsregarding issues and risks in a high-growth, dynamic environment.
· Manage customers' transition from third party contracts to Spredfast + Lithium contracts.
· Negotiate and draft master subscription agreements, professionalservices agreements and a variety of other agreements.
· Provide Legal advice to Spredfast + Lithium product management, sales, and otherinternal groups on topics such as contract interpretation, customer disputes,and regulatory compliance.
· Assist as needed in M/A due diligence and transitions.
· Design, implement, and improve upon legal department processesand policies.
· Provide legal counsel and support in business developmentactivities, including conducting due diligence.
· Other duties and special projects as assigned.
· JD and licensed to practice with a preference for TX, CA, DE orNY.
· A minimum of 4 to 6 years' experience in contract drafting andnegotiations.
· Experience in a major law firm and/or in-house SaaS legaldepartment.
· Solid understanding of data privacy rules both in the U.S. andabroad.
· Basic understanding of security standards applicable to cloudcompanies.
· Specific knowledge re: any/all of the following preferred: EU data privacy regulations and GDPR; HIPAA;GLBA.
· Experience with M/A due diligence and integration efforts preferred.
· Interpersonal skills (and a sense of humor) to workcollaboratively a must.
· Ability to think critically and quickly in the absence of fullinformation and anticipate, proactively identify, and resolve issues beforethey become problems.
· Flexibility/adaptability and a willingness to learn new areas oflaw, work on a broad range of matters and take on projects outside of coreareas.
· Effectively multitask, re-prioritize, and work independently tomeet deadlines and drive agreements to conclusion, while remaining calm underpressure.
· Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and theability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Possess a high degree of integrity and the ability to maintainthe strictest level of confidentiality.
· Excellent written, oral and negotiation communication skills andsuperb judgment.
· Responsive and service-oriented attitude.
· Disciplined self-starter able to take on work independently, butalso be a great teammate.