Are you a professional who wants to add significant value where you work? Would you like to work for a fun, dynamic, consumer-focused tech company in Austin, Texas? If you answered yes, then this role may be the perfect fit for you and us.
RetailMeNot is a leading savings destination, connecting millions of consumers to the retailers, brands and restaurants they love—both online and in-store. We are seeking a Senior Counsel, Business & Technology to support our business, working directly with business leaders on a number of complex legal matters such as commercial contracts, litigation, and compliance. You would also contribute to other legal department goals and initiatives as needed as well as collaborate with members of our legal team and that of our corporate parent Harland Clarke Holdings.
Who You Are:
- Juris Doctor required; licensed by a state bar
- At least eight years of relevant experience with a nationally recognized law firm or in a business' legal department (a combination of private practice and in-house experience preferred)
- Experience advising clients in e-commerce preferred
- You have a proven ability to handle a broad range of legal issues, including commercial transactions, litigation, employment law and immigration, bankruptcy, regulatory compliance and risk management
- You are a business-focused, intellectually curious legal adviser who thrives when dealing with ambiguity; have a track record of ownership and delivering results; demonstrates excellent judgment, creativity, technical expertise, initiative and communication skills; knows the value of positive relationships
What You'll Do:
- You will manage regulatory and compliance matters for our RxSaver business
- You will advise the Company on data privacy compliance with laws such as the California Consumer Protection Act
- We view compliance as a critical component of our culture. You will lead that effort.
- You will revise RetailMeNot policies and draft new ones to reflect developments in law and/or best practices and will determine compliance with those policies by our team members
- You will advise, train, and implement processes to ensure the Company’s continued compliance in a complex and dynamic regulatory environment
Who We Are:
- We value diverse perspectives and believe this translates into stronger products and a better workplace
- We have an open, casual, fun and upbeat environment where you are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of intelligent people to work with and learn from
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you love
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading digital savings destination connecting consumers with retailers, restaurants and brands, both online and in-store. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of digital offers to save money while they shop or dine out.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.